An early start is a must for the day! The walk involves technical aspects on the glacier, which continues to the pass. It is a trek of about 5 km to the pass, which takes about 4 hours. A rope is fixed on both sides to negotiate the pass. Looking back at the day’s events, one feels immense satisfaction and a sense of achievement , as one hangs up the trekking boots for the day, with a stunning view of the greater Himalayas all around. The view is a feast for the eyes, well deserved and worth it. A cautious descent with help of technical gear is made on the other side of the pass. After the descent, the day still continues for another 5-6 km on the glacier till finally, the camp is established for the day. Lots of rest and deep sleep energizes one for another grueling day. Overnight in camp
Day 09 : Khatling Glacier - Waterfall Camp/Zero Point (12 km/10 hrs approx)
The trek on the glacier continues for another 8 kms. The walk is technical and requires useof technical gear. After the glacial stretch, the path goes to the moraine continuously descending to the campsite by the river. Overnight in camp
Day 10 : Chowki - Masar Tal (8 kms/6-7 hrs)
The trek for the day involves a steep ascend with switch backs leading to ridge overlooking the valley. The trail is well defined and with presents a picturesque surrounding leading to Masar Tal. Upon arrival camp, near the beautiful lake. Overnight in the camp
Day 11 : Masar Tal - Vasuki Tal (12 kms/6-7 hrs)
The day continues with the ascend of 3 km to reach the ridge, followed by a series of switch backs , finally descending and bringing one to the picturesque lake of Vasukital. Camp by the lake. Overnight in the camp
Day 12 : Vasuki Tal - Kedarnath (5 kms/3 hrs)
Trek towards one of the famous and much revered temple pilgrimage centers in India. The descent of 5 km takes approximately 3 hours. On arrival one can feel the spiritual environment of Hindu religion and culture. The Kedarnath temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and established by the famous Hindu reformist and philosopher Adi Shankaracharya around 800 CE.boasting an unparalleled architecture. Evening temple visit. Overnight in the hotel at Kedarnath.
Day 13 : Kedarnath - Gaurikund (14 kms/3-4 hrs) - Rudraprayag
Awake in the morning full of religious hustle bustle- chiming temple bells, and aromatic incense! Descend the well laid 6 ft wide trail for the next 14 km till Gaurikund teeming with religious tralellers (Yatris) of all ages and regions of the subcontinent. En route pass through the village of Rambara having several makeshift restaurants serving food to pilgrims. Continue to descend further to reach Gaurikund. Board the vehicles on a 4 hours drive to reach Rudraprayag, another revered religious place, on the flanks of confluence of river Mandakini and Alaknanda. Overnight in hotel at Rudraprayag.
Day 14 : Rudraprayag - Rishikesh
Early in the morning take a holy dip at the confluence and later after having breakfast drive towards Rishikesh via another confluence Devprayag (Alaknanda & Bhagirathi Rivers) from here the holy Ganges begins. In the evening one can visit the Ashrams & temples at Rishikesh. Explore Rishikesh: "haven of saint and Sadhus"This town is, situated on the banks of river Ganga and flanked on three sides by high mountain ranges is the epicenter of religion and culture of the region. The evening “Arti” held on the Triveni Ghat on the river bank is most fascinating to watch, involving prayer and songs offered by pilgrims lighting a butter lamp with fresh flowers and offering it to the river – setting it adrift! Overnight in hotel.
Accommodation (Camping /Guest house/Home stay/Hotel).
All Meals during trek (Veg.)
Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
Transportation during the trek program.
Trek equipments (tent, sleeping bag, matters etc).
Permits & entry fees.
First aid medical kit.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Inclusion”.
Trekking, Tour and adventure actives in Himalayan region carry an inherent risk to life and goods. The natural calamities may cause injury and loss of life, which is beyond any control. Himalayas Adventure does its best to minimize all types of risks, discomfort and hazard to the best of their ability, yet there are chances of accidents, mishaps and deficiency in service.
keep Himalayan Regions clean and green, free from all kind of plastic garbage
- Any delay from the customer’s side will lead to cancellation of trek/ tour/ adventure activities.
- Trekking maybe cancelled due to some unavoidable circumstances i.e- weather condition, govt. notification, land sliding or any other natural calamity.
- Himalayas Adventure reserves the right to discontinue, modify any trek, tour & adventure activities without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
- Anybody found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs medically or physically unfit (any serious ailment, weak heart conditions, epilepsy, asthma, expecting mothers etc.) unfit for any reasons in the wisdom of the trek leader/guide/instructor will not be allowed for trekking /tour/ adventure activities. Request for a refund or a discount in such situation will not be entertained. Decision of the trek lead/guide/management in this regard would be final.
- Total decided package cost will not be affected if there is any reduction in the number of persons
- Minimum required 50% of amount to get confirmed the trek/tour/adventure activities.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 10-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-10 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days or can be adjusted in other trek or adventure activities.